Earlier this week, the BBC announced that the 50th anniversary Doctor Who special, The Day of the Doctor would be played in theaters across the United Kingdom in 3D. Fans of the sci-fi show in the United States were left to wonder if they would be getting the same cinematic treatment for the special like its homeland.
BBC had confirmed that BBC America would be taking the reigns on the cinematic distribution of the special and today, the network had unveiled the several cities and theaters that will be playing the special on the big screen during the Saturday simulcast on November 23.
- Los Angeles – Cinemark Rave 18 + IMAX (Los Angeles, CA)
- Los Angeles – Century 20 Bella Terra at Huntington Beach (Huntington Beach, CA)
- New York – AMC Loews Village 7 (New York, NY)
- New York – Regal E-Walk Stadium 13 & RPX (New York, NY)
- Chicago – Century 12 Evanston + XD (Evanston, IL)
- Chicago – Cinemark @ Seven Bridges + IMAX (Woodridge, IL)
- Philadelphia – Cinemark Rave Cinemas University City 6 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Philadelphia – Cinemark 16 (Somerdale, NJ)
- Dallas-Ft. Worth – Cinemark West Plano + XD (Plano, TX)
- San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose – Century San Francisco Centre 9 and XD (San Francisco, CA)
- Washington, DC (Hagerstown) – Cinemark Rave Cinemas Fairfax Corner 14 + XD (Fairfax, VA)
- Houston – Cinemark Tinseltown 17 and XD (The Woodlands, TX)
- Atlanta – Cinemark Tinseltown 17 (Fayetteville, GA)
- Seattle-Tacoma – Cinemark Lincoln Square Cinemas (Bellevue, WA)
- Minneapolis – AMC Southdale 16 (Edina, MN
After the initial broadcast had been made, 300 movie theaters across the country will re-broadcast it that following Monday, November 25 for those who want to see it on the big screen and didn’t get to the first time around.