If you’ve been listening to the Dear Evan Hansen original cast recording nonstop since the award-winning show made its debut on Broadway, then we’ve got some great news for you. On Thursday (Nov. 1), Atlantic Records announced plans to re-release the Grammy-award winning album with a couple of extra treats. The deluxe re-issue of the Dear Evan Hansen (Original Broadway Cast Recording) will include the original 14 tracks as well as six bonus songs.
The additional tunes will include unreleased songs, demos, and acoustic versions of certain tracks all performed by the original and current cast members of the Broadway production. The re-issue will also feature a special version of the show’s signature song, “Waving Through a Window,” performed by Katy Perry.
“On April 29, 2017, I went and saw Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway, and was emotionally transformed forever,” the pop star said in a press release.
“In my own life, I’ve struggled with depression, and like so many, always feeling alone in the battle of wanting to belong. That night, I was particularly struck by the song ‘Waving Through A Window.’ It embodied the mental isolation I sometimes fought. So when my friends Benj Pasek and Justin Paul came to me and asked if I would like to record this song, not only to help launch the national tour, but to continue the conversation on mental health and all its complexities, I jumped right in. I hope this song helps you know that you are not alone, and that I’m waiving back at you.”
The digital version of the deluxe album is due out this Friday, Nov. 2, through Atlantic Records. At the time of this publication, no physical version of the album is available, but Atlantic Records does say that a physical album will come at a later date.
To celebrate the release of the revamped soundtrack, an exclusive digital listening party will be held on Nov. 2 at midnight EST. The party, which will take place over on YouTube, will feature special messages from the cast and creative team as well as commentary on all the new recordings from the show’s masterminds Benj Pasek, Justin Paul, and Alex Lacamoire. As if that wasn’t enough, Perry’s version of “Waving Through a Window” will make its debut during the listening party. Listen to a snippet of the pop star’s version of the track here.
So grab your stripped blue polo shirt, cast, and a dark hoodie and don’t forget to tune in here.
Dear Evan Hansen is currently running at Broadway’s Music Box Theatre while its national tour is underway. Tickets for the show can be found here.
The complete track listing for the Dear Evan Hansen (Original Broadway Cast Recording) – Deluxe Album can be found below.
01. “Anybody Have a Map?” – Rachel Bay Jones & Jennifer Laura Thompson
02.“Waving Through a Window” – Ben Platt & Original Broadway Cast of Dear Evan Hansen
03. “For Forever” – Ben Platt
04. “Sincerely, Me” – Mike Faist, Ben Platt & Will Roland
05. “Requiem” – Laura Dreyfuss, Michael Park & Jennifer Laura Thompson
06. “If I Could Tell Her” – Ben Platt & Laura Dreyfuss
07. “Disappear” – Mike Faist, Ben Platt, Kristolyn Lloyd, Will Roland, Jennifer Laura Thompson & Original Broadway Cast of Dear Evan Hansen
08. “You Will Be Found” – Ben Platt, Kristolyn Lloyd, Will Roland, Laura Dreyfuss & Original Broadway Cast of Dear Evan Hansen
09. “To Break in a Glove” – Michael Park & Ben Platt
10. “Only Us” – Laura Dreyfuss & Ben Platt
11.“Good for You” – Rachel Bay Jones, Kristolyn Lloyd, Will Roland & Ben Platt
12. “Words Fail” – Ben Platt
13. “So Big/So Small” – Rachel Bay Jones
14. “Finale” – Ben Platt & Original Broadway Cast of Dear Evan Hansen
15. “Obvious (Bonus Track)” – Taylor Trensch
16. “Hiding in Your Hands (Bonus Track)” – Mallory Bechtel
17. “Part of Me (Bonus Track)” – Dear Evan Hansen August 2018 Broadway Cast
18. “In the Bedroom Down the Hall (Demo)” – Rachel Bay Jones & Jennifer Laura Thompson
19. “Disappear (Acoustic)” – Taylor Trensch & Alex Boniello
20. “Waving Through a Window (Bonus Track)” – Katy Perry