It was the 2000s.
Who was in your top ten on Myspace was the true test of friendship.
Bands like Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, and the All-American Rejects held on to key spots on TRL’s top ten chart.
Warped Tour was arguably one of the biggest music festivals at the time.
And the sale of eyeliner and fake hair dye was at an all-time high.
It’s been over a decade and we still have good (and some seriously bad) memories of that time.
Now, it looks like the folks over at Fearless Records are trying to bring back the mid-2000s which, we guess, can be a good or bad thing depending on if you were knee-deep into that scene (which, let’s be honest, we were).
On Friday (June 28), the record label announced plans to unleashed the latest addition to their Punk Goes… series. Dubbed Punk Goes Acoustic: Volume 3, the record features several bands who made a name for themselves during the heyday of Myspace including Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, Underoath, The Almost, Circa Survive, Mayday Parade, and more.
The 12-track record will feature the Fearless family members giving their breakout songs the acoustic treatment. Punk Goes Acoustic: Volume 3 is due out July 15 with pre-orders currently available for purchase on the label’s website.
In true fashion, Fearless is offering the album in different formats including CD, cassette, and vinyl. All pre-orders will receive instant downloads of Taking Back Sunday’s acoustic version of “A Decade Under the Influence” (which can be streamed above) and Set It Off’s “Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing” (which can be streamed here).
The full tracklisting for Punk Goes Acoustic: Volume 3 can be seen below.
PUNK GOES ACOUSTIC: VOLUME 3 TRACKLISTING:
1. Dance Gavin Dance – “Story of My Bros” (Acoustic)
2. Circa Survive – “Act Appalled” (Acoustic)
3. Taking Back Sunday – “A Decade Under the Influence” (Acoustic)
4. Dashboard Confessional – “Screaming Infidelities” (Acoustic) feat. Abigail Sevigny
5. Mayday Parade – “Take This to Heart” (Acoustic)
6. Movements – “Colorblind” (Acoustic)
7. Underoath – “A Boy Brushed Red Living in Black and White” (Acoustic)
8. Don Broco – “Come Out to LA” (Acoustic)
9. Set It Off – “Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing” (Acoustic)
10. As It Is – “Okay” (Acoustic)
11. Grayscale – “Atlantic” (Acoustic)
12. The Almost – “Hand Grenade” (Acoustic)