Glastonbury to Allow Selfie Sticks

Long live the selfie sticks at music festivals, we guess.

After several North American music festivals decided to ban the distracting device, English festival Glastonbury has revealed that they will be letting the contraption into their event.

In an interview with NME, festival organizer Emily Eavis confirmed that they do not have a set rule about the elongated stick, unlike other festivals (and venues), who have it listed on their prohibited items category.

“A lot of festivals have banned selfie sticks, but we’re not really in the business of banning stuff. We haven’t really decided where we stand on them,” she said.

“I’m going to walk around and see if they’re getting in the way or not!”

The banning of the seflie sticks isn’t just contained to North American venues. Surprisingly, the banning began across the pond at several European locations. Music venues like O2 Academy Brixton, London’s O2 Arena and the SSE Wembley Arena as well as historical landmarks like France’s Palace of Versailles and Rome’s Colosseum have banned the elongated sticks from their premises.

They have cited safety and health concerns as the reason, but we can probably assume that the real issue is.

If you’re thinking about taking the selfie stick to any music festivals this Summer, tread carefully because you never know who you might be blocking just to take a gazillion pictures to show off you were at a festival. The person you’re blocking might just be planning your demise using said stick.

You never know.

Glastonbury Festival will take place from June 24-28 at Worthy Farm, Somerset. This year’s headliners include Kanye West, the Foo Fighters, and The Who.

Letlive. Barred from Orlando Venue

image

Bad news if you were planning on seeing letlive. live at the House of Blues in Orlando, FL; they’ve been banned from the venue.

Letlive. were scheduled to perform at the House of Blues which is located in Downtown Disney in Lake Buena Vista, FL as one of Taking Back Sunday’s opening acts, alongside The Menzingers, on April 3.

According to the band, House of Blues Orlando notified them that they had been pulled from the event, but gave no other reason as to why this was done.

“We cannot offer any details as to why since we were given none ourselves,” they wrote on Facebook.

Instead of letting it get to them, they have revealed that they are currently planning to schedule a one-off show in the area for those who were going to the show to see them. A crummy situation for attendees who wanted to see Taking Back Sunday and The Menzingers as well.

Read the band’s full statement straight from Facebook below.

“Ladies and Gentlemen that were planning on attending the Lake Buena Vista, Florida date at the House Of Blues on the upcoming tour with Taking Back Sunday and The Menzingers and expecting to see ll.- due to reasons we cannot control, we will not be permitted to play said date.

We have just been notified by the people at Disney Orlando/HOB that we have been pulled from the event.We cannot offer any details as to why since we were given none ourselves.

Rumor has it that Goofy, Pluto, and most of Toontown were in protest against the decision, but Chairman Mouse exercised veto powers and struck down the proposition in the end.

In the meantime, we will be trying to set up a one off at another venue in place of the this. Thank you so much for the unwavering support. It’s moments like these we deeply appreciate it/you. 

Yours,
ll.”

This will not be the first time that the band have had a run-in with a venue.

Last year, the band were playing The Tabernacle in Atlanta when frontman Jason Butler climbed a balcony during their set. Staff and security at the venue were less than amused by the antics and decided to cut their set short because of it. No word if this is what kind of led to the banning.