Lamb of God Frontman Acquitted of Manslaughter

Randy Blythe

A panel of Czech judges ruled earlier this week that the promoters, not Lamb of God frontman, Randy Blythe, were to blame for the tragic death of a fan about three years ago. The judges also found that the frontman’s action did not constitute a crime like it was previously stated.

Concertgoers who testified in court told the judges that 19-year-old Daniel Nosek was pushed off the stage, violently with both hands, by Blythe during Lamb of God’s show in Prague in May of 2010. But the contradicts started shorty after that when some of the initial statements started to go against each other like which way the kid was facing when he was pushed and when it was that he breached the security’s barrier.

What did become clear was the fact was that less than 12 hours after the incident, Nosek started to complain of a headache and started to vomit, violently, which led to him being hospitalized. Later that night, he underwent emergency brain surgery, but fell into a coma and eventually died.

An expert in biochemics was called in to testify on behalf of Blythe’s defense to help determine if the frontman’s pushing had a major affect on the fan’s death. The expert did reveal that the kid must have fallen backwards because if he had fallen forward, his hands would have shot out forward to help protect him from the fall.

The biggest defense from the expert was the fact that had the teenager been pushed, he would not have fallen beyond the first row of fans, just like two of the witnesses had stated originally. But even though it was a great defense, state attorney Vladimir Muzik, took an issue with the experiment because it was not a complete recreation of what had taken place that evening.

While most of the evening’s show had been recorded by fans, the exact moment when Nosek was pushed from the stage had not been captured on camera. The presiding judge, Tomas Kubovec, put most of the blame for the tragedy on lax security and safety precautions at the club, which allowed fans the opportunity to get on the stage.

Kubovec also said “ninety percent of the audience” must have known that there was a “no stage diving” policy at the concert and added on that Nosek must have misunderstood Blythe’s hand gesture as a “come on stage” because of the language barrier between the two.

While that case might have been acquitted, Kubovec went on to tell Nosek’s family that the $500,000 lawsuit against the singer should be dropped and taken with the promoters of the event since evidently, it was their fault that the death occurred.

After the ruling Blythe released the following statement to the family:

“I can understand that pain as only the father of a dead child can. This has been a very sad and emotive experience for me, but I’ve tried to remain as objective as possible because my emotions have no impact on what is for me and for the family of Daniel Nosek the most important thing: the truth. He was just a boy. I wish he were still here.”

When it was first revealed that there was a chance that he would be going to jail for manslaughter, Blythe promised to take his sentence as a man and to work hard to prevent something like that from ever happening again.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.